Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bad Bad Blogger

Okay, so I have been a bad, bad blogger lately. Mostly because there hasn't been a whole lot going on. Just normal every day stuff. And we have been really bad at taking pictures lately. Other than one or two random occasions we haven't been filling the memory sticks. :) I have also had some sort of cold on and off for the last few weeks. I have had a really rough time kicking the cough. And now thanks to the cold front that blew through Saturday I have been sneezing like crazy, too. I should definately buy stock in Kleenex.

But what you really want to know is that they boys have been up to, right? Can you believe tat they are 19 1/2 months old already?? Seriously, where does all the time go? They are growing up way too fast and they never cease to amaze me with all the little things they have learned. They are both super sweet about giving hugs and kisses lately. They are also really awesome little helpers who love to help with just about anything. They put up their dirty clothes, they pick up toys, and they always put their shoes up. They are getting to be more and more independent, too - they love to brush their teeth, carry their school bags, and feed themselves using silverware. Ryan is actually pretty good with a fork. Connor is... umm, a bit messy, maybe? Spaghetti night is all kinds of fun.

Let's see what else has been going on... We had school pictures last week. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Though I am a little nervous, too. The school had said they would do toddler pictures on Tuesday, and then siblings on Wednesday. So on Tuesday I put the boys in some nice orange shirts to go along with the fall set. Then on Wednesday it was kind of a crazy morning. I had to be at work early, Kevin was gone, and I had to get the boys up, dressed, and out the door - and oh yeah, presentable for pictures. I had washed most of the boys' clothes the night before, but forgot to start the dryer. So I pulled out some new shirts, and their jeans. It hasn't exactly been jean weather so we had never worn them before either. The shirts were a little on the big size, as were the waists of the jeans, but unfortunately due to the dryer mishap that's what they had to wear. I thought at least their individuals should be cute. Little did I know that somewhere the wires got crossed and because they were signed up for sibling pics they didn't take any individuals on Tuesday. So all our pics will be in the slightly big clothes. I think they will still be cute, but if they look like they were drowning in their clothes at least you know why...

And poor Connor - on Monday he got bitten on the cheek by another kid in his class. He was apparently being really nice and trying to help someone with their chair, and they thought he was trying to take it and they bit him. On his cheek. The day before picutures (or what was supposed to be picture day). Then on Tuesday he and Ryan were wrestling and Ryan scratched him on both of his cheeks. Poor kid. Then to top that off he is cutting his bottom eye teeth, and unlike the rest of the teeth these seem to really be bothering him. He has been chewing on his hands non stop for at least the last week until his hands look like raisins. His poor little gums are so swollen I really hope they pop through soon.

Well, it is past my bedtime so I am going to call it a night tonight, but I promise I will try to dump the pictures off my camera in the next few days and post some pictures when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...