Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter: Part III - The Scenic Route

We took a short detour by Boykin Springs on the way home. We were just going to look. No really. Just look. Then we got out of the car. And then close enough that chasing one of the kids I had mud oozing up around my flip-flop clad feet. Yuck. So I had to wash it off in the stream. Which wasn't nearly as cold as I thought it would be. It actually felt pretty good. And the boys saw me. Of course they wanted in, too. Especially Connor the water monkey. So were were just going to sit on the rock and put our feet in for a minute.


The boys weren't really sure what to think about the water at first.



Then I might have maybe encouraged them to splash a teeny tiny bit.

Connor got into it. Wholeheartedly. I had to remind him that we were just sitting on the rock with our feet in. Not diving in head first.

I ended up having to sit beside him and hold onto him as he didn't seem to understand the concept of just our feet. Of course as I was "reminding" Connor, Ryan took the opportunity to plop his bottom in. And, well... in for a penny in for a pound.


Go ahead. Touch it.



That's it. Doesn't it feel good??


Connor go see Ryan. Stand right there so I can get a picture. Wait don't drown your brother.


Why play in the waterfall when you can reach your hands under the rocks and pick up who knows what while mommy's busy taking pictures??


Hey I had some standards. I drew the line at wet rock climbing at least.


Because we were just going to look... Not break our necks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...