Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In the mind of a 2 year old.

Every day on our way home I ask the boys what they did at school. If they don't proffer an answer I inevitably ask if they played with their friends today. Ryan always pipes up telling me that he played with his friend Dean today. Connor will immediately follow up indicating that he played with his friend Jadon today.

Today when I picked the boys up Connor had a stinky diaper so while Connor was being changed I held Ryan and asked him about various things. It went something like this:

Me: "What did you do at school today?"
Ryan: "I played with my friends today."
[Jadon, Dean and Rohan were making laps around the class pushing the "bicycles."]
Me: [pointing at Dean as he made a pass by us] "Who is that?"
Ryan: "That's MY Dean."
Me: "Oh, is that YOUR FRIEND Dean?"
Ryan: "No. That's MY Dean."
Me: [pointing at Jadon who had just rounded the corner and was headed toward us] "Who is that?"
Ryan: "That's CONNOR's Jadon."
Me: "Oh, He's CONNOR's Jadon?"
Ryan: "Yeah."
Me: [pointing to Rohan] "Who is that?"
Ryan: "That's Rohan."
Me: "Is Rohan your friend?"
Ryan: "Yes, Rohan is my friend."
Me: "Is Rohan Connor's friend, too?"
Ryan: "Yeah. Rohan is Connor's friend, too."

I am not sure what the distinction is there, but I am sure we will have several more coversations about this one... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...