Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Coke Machine from the Future

This is another one of those moments when I share just what a nerd I am.

We went to the Silverado Movie Theater this weekend.  And I was so wow'd by the coke machine that I sent two other people to check them out.  Like, seriously, we can't leave until you go look.  :)

So when we walked into Fuddruckers for dinner tonight and we got to the would you like a combo with fries with that and I was just winding up to start in on my "have you come to your senses yet" speech about how completely wrong it was that they replaced their Coke machines with Pepsi last year, because I DO love their fries (because everything is better with cheese right??) and so a combo makes PERFECT sense - Kevin stopped me in my tracks and said "They have coke."  I might have said "Hallelujah."  And then the cashier says - "Have you been to the movie theater?  They are just like those."

And because I am such a nerd, I made Kevin go to the car and get my camera so I could take a picture of them.  The coke machines from the future. 


And just so you know, I wasn't alone in my gawking.  Or picture taking.  Each new group "ooh'd and aww'd" appropriately. 


Everyone under the age of 30 snapped a picture.  All the parents made their kids come look.  And everyone over 50 cussed the machine.   "How do I get ice out of this thing?" and my favorite as a woman was reading off the choices to her husband "Caffine free coke, Coke Zero, Cherry Coke, Coke with... " he replied "I JUST WANT A COKE!!" 


I on the other hand was dazzled by the array of choices.  I picked lemonade for the boys.  And like a kid in a candy store my eyes lit up at the choices.  I settled on Raspberry Lemonade.  Which of course I had to try before giving it to the kids - just to make sure it tasted okay, and all... No really!!  And then liked it so much I had to go get another cup or three so I could have my own.

And for the record - Coke has never tasted better.  The absolute perfect mix of syrup and carbonation.

So have these shown up in your neck of the woods yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...