Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My next project

I decided I wanted to make an advent calendar for Halloween this year.  A couple of weeks ago I visited my local dollar store and found a cute chipboard tree that I thought might work for what I had in mind. 


Looking though my stash of odds and ends I found some small white tags that I thought I might work for the numbers.  Either just written on with a marker, or maybe some black glitter.  Since the tree wasn't too big I thought I might tie on small rolled up pieces of paper with the various "treats" written on them with a variety of ribbon.  I have a handful of [random] ideas for what the treats may be from classic candy, to wrapped Halloween themed bedtime book or movies (mostly things we already have, but a few new ones mixed in, too), along with outings like picking a pumpkin, visiting the corn maze, stuffing a scarecrow, etc.


Since the boys aren't terribly patient, and I would like to be able to use the tree again sometime I decided I would use some tiny colored clothespins I found while riffling through my desk to secure the tags to the tree.  Though I am a few short so I picked up some slightly larger plain wood ones that I will paint (or color with a sharpie maybe?)

I think it will be super cute.  Hopefully by the end of this week I will have ideas for all the days of the month, and I will have remebered where I put the rest of the ribbon... :)   I can't wait to see what it looks like when it is finished!

Speaking of Halloween... I can't believe it is almost that time again.  Costumes are already out in our neck of the woods.  When I asked the boys what they wanted to be Ryan immediately piped up that he wants to be Lightening McQueen and Connor declared he wanted to be Nemo, but opted for Mater when we were in the store.  I am not crazy about the costumes we found and have some ideas for some home-made cardboard creations that might not be too bad... Famous last words... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...