Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

It has been a CRAZY couple of weeks around here getting ready for Halloween. 

First, there were activity books to design, print, and bind.  And YES, dear, I *NEEDED* that new binding machine!  :)  And no, I still don't know where I am going to put it.  Remind me again, why it can't stay in the kitchen floor?

Then there were the pumpkin oranges for soccer snacks...


And then a few million mummy oreos to make.  It's been such a whirlwind I couldn't even tell you exactly how many I made, but I think it's probably just under 100.  I DO know that I used roughly 3 bags of oroes, 3 packages of almond bark, and 3 packages of eyes.  And they were shared with 25 preschoolers, a soccer team of 10, teachers at school, the children of my mom's club, all of our neighbors, the children of some of my coworkers, and Kevin and the boys who seem to like them rather alot...



After the mummy oreo's I turned to the second half of the treats - caramel apples.  In which I discovered that caramel + humidity don't go terribly well together.  But thankfully there are few real problems that can't be solved with a bit of chocolate.  I think they turned out both gorgeous, and delicious.



And then the gift packaging...



And then began the rounds of sharing... First to the boys' teachers, and soccer coach, and a couple of friends. 


Though with all the rushing trying to get out the door I didn't manage to take a single picture with all the gift bowls lined up.  There were Draculas, Witches, and Black Cats, too.  I loved the hand painted bowls.

There were also cauldrons for the neighbors.



And then treats for the kids' favor bags to be found, and then assembled, and reproduced in mass quantity...





A few extra treats for little friends..


Another bucket of 24 jack-o-lantern oranges...


And one, last, final tray of apples for the class party...



And now??  Now I am THANKFUL for a WHOLE MONTH of Thanksgiving before the madness of Christmas.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...